Saturday, April 6, 2013

Would filing a police report be beneficial?

I have recently found out that my Kindle Lite has been stolen, and whoever stole it bought 2 purchases off of my account. I have contacted Amazon CS and had the device disconnected.

My device was most likely stolen at a local tae kwon do banquet party for the dojo that my brother attends, so I am assuming that whoever stole it was someone who attended the banquet. I have the serial number to my device, as well as proof (online at amazon) that I am its rightful owner. I have also registered its serial number on several places such as Trace to ensure that whoever stole my device cannot re-sell it without being discovered.

I know that, as the Kindle itself was only $60, it would probably be placed on low priority. I was wondering if there would be a chance of recovering my Kindle if I filed a police report. I was also wondering if there were any charges involved with filing a report.

Thank you.

См. статью: Would filing a police report be beneficial?