Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Does this competition seem genuine?

I got this leaflet through my door advertising a short story and poem competition. I sent off an email asking for an application form this is what it says:

WRITE ON! POETRY & SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Can you write a good short story or a poem? Write On is a reputable and successful poetry & short story competition company. We are currently running our annual competition for 2013, encouraging poetry & short story writing in our communities, rewarding good writers. The competition is open to all age groups.
1ST Prize: £3, 000, 2nd prize: £2, 000, 3rd prize: £1, 000
Plus many runner up prizes including: Kindles, Laptops, IPad's,IPhone's,I Pod's and hundreds of Books to give away!

Your short story or poem must not exceed 500 words. Your Poem or short story with your name, age, occupation and forwarding address. Entry closes on the 30th 0f April 2013 email: writeontoday@rocketmail.com
NO ENTRY FEE

Can I give an email as a forwarding address, or does it have to be a physical address? I'd rather not give all my information out to everyone, and I'm fifteen so it's even more risky. I don't want to ask my parents because then there'd be pressure on me to win, and that would kill everything.

I looked it up and I only found an under-13's competition, from the BBC, but that's not this one.

I'm confused. Help, please? Thanks.

См. статью: Does this competition seem genuine?