Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Do I need a more expensive router?

I'm waiting for delivery of my first laptop, in the almost 15 years I've owned computers they have always been desktops so I haven't had the need for a router.My new laptop is an HP ENVY dv7-7212nr with an i7 processor, 8gb of RAM, full 1080p display and a Blu-ray burner. Maybe not a high-end laptop but certainly at least an upper-middle range one. I definitely cheaped-out when I bought a router though, getting a D-Link Systems DIR-605L Wireless-N300 Cloud Router for 30 bucks from Amazon. The only thing I plan to use the router for besides my laptop is occasionally downloading books for my Kindle, and I'm in a smallish 1-bedroom apartment. Will that router allow me to get full use out of my laptop? Its primary uses will be for surfing the Internet and as a media center: I do plan to hook it to my TV via HDMI cable but don't intend to play MMORPG's with it.
Added (1). I should add that I have a Roadrunner cable internet connection.

См. статью: Do I need a more expensive router?