Sunday, February 17, 2013

What would you like to ask? Is this a scam? Is it normal? What's going on!

I was on the Amazon online customer advice chat and I told the customer service person about the cosmetic damage my Kindle had received (chips and scrapes) when it slipped out of its box.they said the warranty does not cover it, but they would make a one-time exception and send me a free one. I just need to send them my card details and address. This is the message they sent:

Unfortunately, the damage you have described is not covered under the Kindle's one-year limited warranty. However, based on the circumstances I'll make an one time exception for you and create a replacement at no extra cost.
Please help me with a credit card type and its expiry date on your account, I need your credit card information for Collateral purposes. Please do not provide further information as it is not recommended via chat for security reasons. Also confirm your delivery address.

What should I do? Is this a scam? Should I be worried? Or should I go ahead and give them my details?
>>> What would you like to ask? Is this a scam? Is it normal? What's going on!