Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Putting word documents on Kindle?

Hi all :)

I'm wondering if there's a way I can put a word document into a kindle file type format, so it can be read that way?

I enjoy writing short stories and my friends and family enjoy reading them--but have a very dear friend who is unable to. She has MS, and her eyesight is failing, to the point that she is registered blind, though she CAN read her kindle (with massive font, lol!). I've tried sending her word docs, but the backlight and sitting at a computer is just too much for her and she gets tired easily.

So can I do this? I don't want to publish anything on amazon--my stories are just private ones, and I only want her to read them. I'm not very techy, but I could carry out basic instructions--would I have to convert to PDF and somehow email it to her eReader?

Thanks so much if you can help!
---it's not a fancy kindle fire, just a kindle keyboard.
>>> Putting word documents on Kindle?