Sunday, February 3, 2013

Is Kindle able to get e-books from library formatted for Kindle via my pc?

Saving an e-book from local library, then transferring it from pc to Kindle Fire HD, then read it on my Kindle Fire HD. Or does the Kindle only like stuff from Amazon?
also,
I tried to download Overdrive for Android, as I am told that Kindle uses Android as an operating system not windows, but after downloading Overdrive setup app. I was unable to locate the function tab to install it. I have already set settings for downloaded applications from unknown sources enabled but still, cant use a setup app when don't know how to run the set up / installation process to make it work when I am blind by being a newby with my little Kindle Fire HD. He He.
Help. Maybe I am just dense but would it be easier to just patch my Kindle Fire to my PC after downloading an e-book in Kindle format through the Universal Serial Bus, USB cable that was provided with my Kindle Fire HD> Mucho Gusto.
>>> Is Kindle able to get e-books from library formatted for Kindle via my pc?