Sunday, February 10, 2013

Information on mythical creatures?

I'm looking for books that are free like the ones on Kindle, or a website that doesn't instantly make me think of occults-gone-wrong and such. Things on faeries, elves, and people of those kind.
Stories are fine but I'm looking for vocabulary with definitions, how they're portrayed in various stories, etc. I've bought A Midsummer Night's Dream today with a modernized translation next to the original, so my teenage brain can actually understand it.
Please… If you're going to link me to things like dragons, I'd enjoy it if you didn't link me to a site that reminds an average person of a 10 year old boy playing with his plastic toys. I'm looking to use this information to help write a book that I want to publish on a writing community. Thank you ^_^

P.S -- It doesn't have to be 100% free but I'm not looking for $20 books about them. Any kind of e-book that is easy to read on the computer, and kindle books are fine.

On a side note, I've picked up a book series that starts with "The Iron King" as the first one. I'm curious as to how authors like her find myths like the fae can't stand the touch of iron, how the cat Grimalkin is said to have been an aid to a witch at one time, that kind of stuff as well.
No, I don't plan on copying her at all. Plagiarism is… there's not even a word I can think of that would describe that action.
>>> Information on mythical creatures?