Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Indesign or Quark Express?

I am a service provider. Some publishers need to convert their printed books to e-Pub format. I read somewhere the Quark 9 has limitations publishing to Kindle format. I believe I can visit Amazon and get it converted. But I look for opinions on which software I should choose. The publisher does not suggest any. Thanks.
Added (1). I got a reply not suiting my question. I believe I need to put more details.

I am NOT looking for PDF conversion. I also won't need to open or use Illustrator. I will be placing the text & pics to create an e-Pub.My question is for this need only. I read Indesign saves for e-Pub format which any digital device can open (iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Samsung, Sony reader etc) whereas with Quark one needs to visit Amazon and get it converted.

This means if I want to work with Quark, I will be submitting two files to the Book Publisher whereas with Indesign, I will submit only one file.

In the overall context, what is your recommendation for which software should I use?
>>> Indesign or Quark Express?