Sunday, February 10, 2013

How's it going with your tax return?

Things have seemed a little crazy this year between the IRS waiting til 1/30 to officially start, the education credit delay, etc. How's everyone doing?

I filed on 1/18 with taxact and opted to have my fees taken out of my refund, which means it went to their bank, republic bank, first.My state and federal returns were both accepted on 1/25 - I got in on that test batch the IRS did. On 1/30, when "Wheres my refund" opened up, I checked it at 6:30 in the morning and it already showed "refund approved" and gave me a date of 2/1 for my deposit. I spoke to Republic bank on that same day and they had it already - on 1/30, which makes me believe that the IRS DID start processing some returns before the 30th… how else would it be that quick for me! But, they were waiting for taxact to send them my info. Taxact finally did the next day, 1/31, and I had my federal refund hit my netspend card about about 10pm that night.My state refund came a few days later. Got my car fixed (need a LOT of repairs thanks to going off the road =(… about 2 grand)… got hubby a new TV and me a wicked fast laptop (1200 is what it cost - but sick, sick specs and so fast!) We got about 10 grand total between state and federal, and after all that, plus buying some clothes, our kids some goodies (oldest a kindle fire, 6 year old a kids tablet and bigger toy for my 2 year old)… we have about half of it left and put that into the bank/savings on Friday.

Wishing you all the best and hope those still waiting get their money soon!
Added (1). I'm not just "Chatting".

I ASKED how its going for ppl… sheesh!
Added (2). I'm not just "Chatting".

I ASKED how its going for ppl… sheesh!
>>> How's it going with your tax return?