Friday, January 18, 2013

File transfers between Kindle Paperwhite and SD Cards?

I was thinking of ways to use an external SD card reader and a USB cable, and maybe some adapters, to increase the storage capacity of my Kindle Paperwhite. I'd prefer to avoid using a computer as an intermediary, if this is possible.

My idea is to begin with my Kindle Paperwhite and a cheap SD card reader, the kind where you stick the SD card in on one side, and a male USB A-type connection (the wide kind) sticks out the other side.

How would you go from that male USB connection coming out of the SD card reader to the USB input port of the Kindle Paperwhite?

Would this actually work? Could files be transferred back and forth between the Kindle and the SD card this way, without even needing a computer?
>>> File transfers between Kindle Paperwhite and SD Cards?