Saturday, December 8, 2012

Why is my Kindle Fire screen black?

I have a Kindle Fire. Today, I was playing a game (Doodle Jump) and turned off my kindle after I had finished without going back to the home screen. When I turned it back on, it was frozen on the scoreboard for Doodle Jump. The screen was not responding. Then a message box popped up, saying it was not responding and "Would you like to wait or Force close?" I clicked wait, because that usually works, but it didn't. The message box popped up again, asking me the same question. I forced close, and the screen slid to the right, as if it were going back to the home screen. Strangely, it didn't. Where the home screen usually would be was a black screen. I waited awhile, but it did not change. Finally, I pressed the power button. The opening screen popped up and I slid the bar to the right and typed in my password. The screen only revealed blackness, again. I waited a few seconds, but when nothing happened, I pressed the power button. Nothing. I held down the power button, and pressed it several times, but nothing happened. Now the screen is glowing but its blacked out. What do I do?
>>> Why is my Kindle Fire screen black?