Friday, December 21, 2012

Should it matter how well a gift is wrapped?

My girlfriend and I exchanged gifts today because she's leaving to be with her parents for Christmas. I thought she'd be excited because I got her a Kindle Fire HD, which she's been saying she wants. Instead she blew up because I suck at wrapping. She said it's like I didn't even try, and that it shows a lack of concern about her on my part. Honestly WTF. Yeah I could have paid someone at the mall to wrap it for me I guess and it'd be all wonderful, but why the hell should it even matter? I mean she was downright upset and acting like this was a sign I didn't love her.

Is she just nuts? Is this some crazy woman thing I'm unaware of? Or am I wrong and I'm a jerk because I used too much tape and didn't cut in straight lines. You tell me.
>>> Should it matter how well a gift is wrapped?