Saturday, December 22, 2012

Recurring dream from childhood 'til now?

As the title says, this is a recurring dream I've had since childhood that occurs every few months.It's not a moving dream; instead, it's more of a 3D snapshot of an event.

The dream is about Joan D'Arc, or at least what my mind wants to interpret.It's a snapshot of her leading a battle near a city that I can't recognize, but it has always been in one of two perspectives.

The city in the background is in ruins and ablaze; soldiers charging forward and dead laying at their feet. Joan is standing with a stern face (perhaps determination?) with flagpole steadied in one hand and sword (rapier as far as memory serves) pointed towards the adversary in the other. She has short-cropped hair, shining, yet dented armour, and is always wearing a blue-white combination of colors. I remember distinctly the sight of kindled ashes riding the wind and her left foot propped up on a small mound of rubble.

The second perspective is much the same, only it's from her point of view. I remember seeing the point of the sword aimed to the heart of the opposing general who I cannot see clearly. The enemy is in mid-charge toward me and out of my peripherals, I see the dead at my feet and my soldiers going forward to meet them.

Yes, I do play video games and read lots of fantasy/ sci-fi. However, I must state that this has been recurring since I was 8yrs of age as I have been keeping a journal of such dreams and thoughts. Can anyone help me to decipher what this dream means?
Added (1). Additional background: I am currently 25yrs of age and have had these dreams recently with the same detail. I am asking a legitimate question ans ask for a legitimate, well-mannered response in return. Thank you for reading and thanks for the replies in advance!
>>> Recurring dream from childhood 'til now?