Friday, December 28, 2012

Improving my English grammar by reading a lot of books. True?

Here is the situation: I have lived in the US for about 7 years so during that time I gained some English fluency however I never study while I was abroad ( I was too busy working).So I used to speak fluently but my spoken English was not grammatically correct.My writing was worst. Now I am back to France I wish not to forget my English knowledge and I even expect to further improve it ( I have more time).An English teacher that I know, told me that if I read a lot for a very long time ( at least 2 books per week ) then in my particular case it won't be necessary to learn the grammar as I will learn it while reading.Do you agree with him?
PS: I read bestseller as well as non fiction books using a Kindle touch but I also read the NY Daily Post online to get use to every day language. Thank you for your time!
>>> Improving my English grammar by reading a lot of books. True?