Sunday, December 30, 2012

Copyright Of Other Writers?

Hi All,

I'm thinking of writing a book. Nothing serious - more as a hobby, as writing is always something I've enjoyed doing.

If I ever finish it, I like to think I'd trying my hand at self publishing, probably via platforms like Amazon Kindle and Apple.

However, since I'd be responsible for all the legal side of my book, I have some concerns regarding copyright.

In my book, one of my characters say, "Real vampires don't sparkle," and "Think more Dracula than Edward Cullen." Also, "Why is life suddenly like I'm in a Harry Potter book?"

By saying these quotes in my book (which I'll obviously copyright under my own name) be breaking copyright of the other writings, such as JK Rowling and Stephanie Meyer?

Thanks,

Rachel
>>> Copyright Of Other Writers?