Friday, December 7, 2012

Best tablet for older people?

My mom is pushing 60, but seems much older than that with the amount of help she needs from me. She wants a tablet, and I'm trying to find the best one for her.

She has an iPhone, so I'm considering either an iPad 2 or iPad mini because there won't be much that she will have to figure out or re-learn. I've also been looking at a Kindle Fire or an Asus Eee Pad Transformer, but I'm open to any other suggestions.

Cost is also something that I want to keep in mind because I am putting myself through college, etc., and I don't have a large amount of cash to blow.
Added (1). My mom has previously broken both wrists, so holding things can sometimes be a challenge for her. She'll be holding something, and her hands seemingly stop working, and she drops the item. Her eyesight is also really great--better than mine even--so I don't think the smaller screen would be a problem for her. Especially since she can see everything just fine on her iPhone.

I was already thinking it, but I'm glad to have a lot of other input--I think the iPad mini would be the best bet for her. She'll get a kick out of Siri and love FaceTiming.
>>> Best tablet for older people?