Monday, November 5, 2012

What Are Some Good English Literature Books For AP 12?

I'm in Grade 12 AP (advanced placement) English and we need to chose a novel to read for next week. I just finished The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, which was okay, but it didn't really capture my interest where I was reading for hours on end which I do with some books. Also, I was not a fan of the ending. I like happy endings when it comes to romance.

Here are some books that are not AP English literature novels, but they are books that really captured my interest that I was super enthusiastic about.

Harry Potter Series J. K. Rowling
Secret Circle Series by L. J. Smith
Night World Series by L. J. Smith
Dark Visions Series by L. J. Smith
Grace by Richard Paul Evens
Violet on the Runway Series by Melissa Walker
Inkheart Series by Cornelia Funke
Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer (guilty pleasure, the writing annoys me at times but I liked the storyline for the most part and its an easy read)
Woman in the Wall by Patrice Kindle
Daughters of the Moon Series by Lynne Ewing
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
The Royal Diaries by various authors written in the style of a diary from princess'/royalty in the past
Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Anyways, stories that have some romance generally, sometimes I like if they're set in the past. I also love fantasy and magic and I'm obsessed with circus stuff (like Water for Elephants is the best known, but I've read a lot of lesser known circus stories).

So, what would classify for English Literature for Grade 12 AP English that would keep me interested? When I like a book, really like it, I get super into it and read non stop. I LOVE that feeling and reading books that can do that to me. I also write books myself, so I definitely get into books.
Any suggestions???
Thank you everyone!!! :)
>>> What Are Some Good English Literature Books For AP 12?