Thursday, November 22, 2012

IPad or Kindle 4 for PDF Readings? -college student?

I'm a college freshman and have to do a lot of E-Readings (of PDF's published online by profs) in addition to reading from a textbook. I hate printing them because I've already spend almost $100 on ink in the first semester, and reading 40 page documents on a computer hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. I also don't like bringing my comp to class, since it's usually not allowed and is heavy.

I'm going to ask for either a Basic Kindle or an iPad for Christmas so I can more easily read and transport these PDF readings. Any suggestions on which is better? I know the Kindle is considerably less pricey, so I was leaning that way. Which is better for highlighting PDF's? The only plus to the iPad is that I could also use it to take notes. If students especially could weigh in I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
>>> IPad or Kindle 4 for PDF Readings? -college student?