Sunday, November 18, 2012

How are Amazon allowed to get away with selling Kindle books with bad typos?

Every kindle book I've ever read has had an enormous amount of typos. I'm currently reading one that has around two typos per page. I know that it's caused by the software used to convert images to text, but why are there no editors given the task to ensure books are error-free? They are not cheap, yet I don't see this problem making any headlines.It should be, why isn't it? If you bought a CD album and it skipped twice in every track, it would be an outrage.
Added (1). Clea: what makes you say that I'm buying 'free books'? The book I'm currently reading on Kindle cost over £15. If it is the publishers' responsibility, surely Amazon have a responsibility also? They are selling them.
>>> How are Amazon allowed to get away with selling Kindle books with bad typos?