Friday, November 23, 2012

Any good physical textbook alternatives for college? Maybe a Kindle?

I'm going to be a commuter student taking an hour long trip on the subway. A significant portion of the ride is done standing up, crammed, tensing up my calves at each of the 18 stops to avoid swaying and falling.
Carrying textbooks in addition the whole time does not sound good to me.
Do you think I should get a kindle? I know I won't be able to find all of my textbooks but I feel it would be totally worth a backpack even just a couple of pounds lighter.
Do you have any other suggestions? (I do have a laptop; don't know if I would take it to college yet..) And if I should get something like a kindle, exactly what should I get? (e.g kindle fire, some nook device, a galaxy tab(?) )
I'm thinking of a price between $70 to $200.
Thanks!
>>> Any good physical textbook alternatives for college? Maybe a Kindle?