Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Writers: How long did it take you to write your first book?

And if you have written any other books after that, do you regret writing the first one the way you did?

What would be your recommendations for someone who's planning on self-publishing (on Kindle, perhaps) a novella or trilogy of novellas/smaller novels? I have thought about it, and I do have ideas that often continue to stick in my mind, even though I've put my story writing on hiatus for now. However, I'll confess I'm not much of a reader, but I am willing to learn, and I can take critique on my writing. I received some very harsh but realistic and helpful critique before on a sample writing that I did, and I thanked the critiquer for having the guts to confront me on it.
>>> Writers: How long did it take you to write your first book?