Friday, October 12, 2012

What's the lesson of Ezekiel 24?

"And it came to pass in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month… " God gets all excited about cooking with "scum" and human flesh, saying "kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned. Her scum shall be in the fire."

"I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent." God kills Ezekiel's wife and tells him not to mourn her.

God's 132nd Killing. God killed Ezekiel's wife to demonstrate his intention to kill the Israelites' children. And just as God told Ezekiel not to mourn his wife's death, God forbids the parents to mourn the death of their children.
>>> What's the lesson of Ezekiel 24?