Saturday, October 13, 2012

Unlock bootloader/root Kindle Fire HD and tablet suggestions?

For those of you who didn't know, the new Kindle Fire HD just came out in 7-inch and 8.9-inch flavors. I have wanted to get a tablet for a while now, but I have been holding off until I found something that really caught my eye. And that something is the Kindle Fire HD. I previously had my eye on the Nexus 7, but I wasn't sure if I would like the 7-inch screen or not. Then when I saw the Kindle Fire HD with superior specs, in my opinion, and with a 8.9-inch option, I was excited. The only problem I see with the Fire is that it runs a heavily modified version of Android ICS, compared to the Nexus 7 that runs stock Android Jelly Bean. I really want access to the stock features of Android, especially the Google Play Store, so I am wondering if there is any way currently available or in the works to unlock the bootloader so I could install different ROMs and/or root the device to get access to the other features? I know in the coming months there will probably be a few different ways of doing it, but I just want to know if there is currently any known way. Also if anyone has any suggestions for tablets, I would appreciate it. I am looking for a laptop replacement because I have a giant gaming laptop that I can't bring around with me, so I want something that is fairly powerful. I don't know if a 7-inch sized tablet would work for me, but I guess I would have to try one to decide. Thanks in advance!
>>> Unlock bootloader/root Kindle Fire HD and tablet suggestions?