Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughts on the $60 Android tablets?

I see a lot of mixed reviews on Amazon. I would mostly want it for my 3 year old to play games on it. Can they be used for that? Are there preschool Apps available? Can they play Youtube videos? Can they be used for the amazon apps? Can they be used to watch movies from amazonprime? Should I just get a Kindle Fire instead, even though it is $90 more? Is there a better tablet under $175? (I definitely don't want to spend more than that!)

http://www.amazon.com/PanDigital-72-70FW-7-Inch-Tablet-Computer/dp/B004QRIUOG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349233812&sr=8-2&keywords=tablets

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-Kyros-7-Inch-Android-4-0/dp/B0075W8BZC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1349233812&sr=8-8&keywords=tablets

I was excited about the price tag on these, and since I don't have an Ipad, I won't be comparing it to that anyway. But if my almost 3 year old can't play games on it, then it is useless for me, as that is the major reason I want it.
Added (1). Yeah, I am also considering the Kindle Fire.

Now so much the Nexus 7. I don't want to take my chances with used electronics.
>>> Thoughts on the $60 Android tablets?