Monday, October 29, 2012

How to get my Kindle to recognize my wi-fi?

I have a Kindle, one of my daughters has an iPod and the other has an iPad. About two months ago (or possibly a little longer), I realized my Kindle was not picking up my wi-fi signal when it had for the past four months previous. I checked my router and it is receiving power and everything appears to be working correctly so I thought the problem was with my Kindle. However, a week or two later I tried to get online with the iPad and it wasn't picking up the signal either. Finally, last night I had to "reboot" (download and update) the iPod and when I signed in and tried to pick the wi-fi system, I was given one or two choices but neither of them was mine.

I have a Netgear router. I looked on the bottom of it and there was a webaddress (www.routerlogin.com) which I visited.It didn't really answer any of my questions but I did run the tests it suggested and it looks like my router is "talking" to my computer.

How can I get the 3 wireless devices to recognize my wi-fi device and use the signal?

If you don't have an answer but know where I might look online, feel free to leave that info as well.

Thanks!

PS - I'm not an idiot but I'm no tech wizard either (obviously) so if you can explain your answers clearly it would be appreciated as I have a couple different things hooked up to the computer. The router, the AT&T "modem" (I don't have dial-up but it's the box I had to hook-up to use my phone line, etc.).
>>> How to get my Kindle to recognize my wi-fi?