Saturday, October 27, 2012

Has anyone heard of an artist named L. C.van Hunnik?

I came across a ceramic medallion 2 inch by 2.5 inch oval in shape. The subject is a fall pastoral scene with a horse drawn wagon of wood on a dirt path, in a wooded area next to a brook. Sitting on the wagon at the front are 1 lady and 1 girl. The lady has on a brown peasant dress with a white shirt and a wreath of colored flowers in her hair, and next to her is a little girl wearing a white shirt and kerchief on her head with a poofy? red dress and they are sitting next to each other. There is green fruit stacked high which they are sitting on and two harvest baskets behind them. Next to the white/beige horse is a white dog with black spots. Next to the large wheel of the wagon is a small girl with a white kerchief on her head carrying a brown sack, and behind the wagon is a bearded man with I think a long rifle might be a harvest sickle, dressed in brown pants and vest, white hat and shirt.
This is all in miniature so I have to keep looking through a small magnifying glass.
In the foreground is a couple with thier dog by the bank of the brook, having a picnic and he appears to have a fishing pole. Across the path next to the brook is another young man gathering kindling.
This is a highly detailed picture and I believe it was silkscreened on the ceramic and fired, then glazed and refired. There are no maker marks.It has a goldleaf rim and the colors are real vibrant.
Then I saw the signature.
I thought it was T. C.van Hunnik, but it might be L. C. van Hunnick. Either way I could find nothing on the internet concerning the artist.So I'm guessing I have the last name mispelled.
However I found on Etsy a plate with the same signature but a different piece. They seemed to think the L. C. van Hunnick is correct. However the two nn in the last name does not match the n in the name van.It is very neat longhand.
I tried to get a pic you could look at of the signature, but failed miserably.
Is there anyone who knows miniature art on ceramics who might be able to help?
>>> Has anyone heard of an artist named L. C.van Hunnik?