Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I was fooled by a liar into trading a new kindle fire for a piece of trash… What can I do?


I had a new Kindle Fire gifted to me and decided I would prefer an Android tablet instead. I got onto a community group selling page and saw a guy selling one. We had a small conversation before he met me at a local store so we could check out each others items. His tablet was not charged so I could not see if it was what I wanted. This is where I got stupid. Although I had a gut feeling that it was a bad idea I decided to go ahead and do a trial period trade, which we discussed and both agreed to. I would take his, and he would take mine, but only until I made sure it was what I wanted, otherwise we would meet that evening and exchange back. He gave me his phone number and assured me that if I was unhappy I would get my kindle fire back. I got home and of course, it didnt turn on. I called him and said I wanted to meet to get it back which agreed to do after he got off of work. (BTW he gave me a fake number but I still found him.) You can probably figure out the rest. He lied and evaded and lied some more. I did some snooping and found out where he lives and where he works, but I don't know what to do. I am a 5'6, 115 lb girl and I am just so mad that he took advantage of me that I can hardly breathe. I know what I did was stupid. But we made a verbal contract and he did not follow through, he basically robbed me. Is there anything I can do? If I call the police will they do anything? Any advice would be great. And I already know how dumb I am so no need to point it out. Thanks.

Read more: I was fooled by a liar into trading a new kindle fire for a piece of trash… What can I do?