Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I was thinking about buying a new TV?

I have a very old TV, to clarify the thing is older than me.It's almost 30 years old, to give you some idea. Anyway there's nothing wrong with it, I just fancied getting a new one. I wanted to get the most up to date TV on the market, so basically HD, 3D and Smart all in one TV.

My main concern is that this whole 'smart TV' thing is a relatively new idea and I was wondering, if your TV can connect to the internet doesn't it mean it's just as vulnerable to being hacked as say for example, a computer would be?
I've tried to look on google for any information as to weather or not there is security available for a TV with internet access but I'm afraid I've found nothing that can provide any kind of answer. I know you can get Norton security for gadgets, i.e. Mobiles, tablets, kindles etc. But I've never seen anything for TV's as of yet.
It's a bit of a tough one at the moment, I really would like to get a new TV and I don't see the logic of getting a new TV that's not up to date with the latest technology however, at the same time I quite like knowing that when I turn my TV on I don't need to worry about people trying to hack it. Kind of feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Any helpful advice and opinions on this one are welcome. Thanks.

См. статью: I was thinking about buying a new TV?