Sunday, August 4, 2013

What has happened to authors and writers now-a-days.?

I know this is more of a rhetorical question and somewhat of a rant but …

Am I the only one who gets pi$$ed off by these 3, 4 and 5 star books on Amazon that are just so chock full of spelling errors that you feel like throwing your Kindle against the wall?!?

I try … I TRY to not let it bother me. For the most part I am successful. But every now and again … >:-(

I mean … SERIOUSLY … don't these so called "authors" have a damned spell-check program on their computers? How about giving a copy to a friend or relative to proofread it for you BEFORE you decide to publish it?

Am I asking too much as a reader for the author to actually SPELL correctly and be more articulate in his/her wording. God knows I'm not perfect, and I probably spelled several things wrong in this little rant, BUT I'm no author either. I'm even seeing dropped words like it was some kind of race to finish the book.

Things like: "He waited by the helicopter his sergeant to arrive." instead of "He waited by the helicopter FOR his sergeant to arrive."

I'm sorry … I'm sorry every one. I just had to get this off my bosom.

Have a nice evening! :-)

См. статью: What has happened to authors and writers now-a-days.?