Thursday, August 8, 2013

Translating Authors of Hindu scriptures?

I'm looking to buy all Hindu scriptures in book form (so please no suggestions for books available on Kindles and such). I'd like to purchase the Vedas first.

I would really like a book that has the Sanskrit writing with a good English translation beside it. I know some authors are much better translators than others.

Any particular authors or series of books you would recommend?
Added (1). ***Also, I'm looking for complete works. Not just summaries of what the books try to convey. For example.if there are 1000+ hymns in a Vedas, I'd like to have those 1000+ hymns in the book/series of books.
Added (2). A lot of people are saying this is hard to find.So, if the above request is too much, a few suggestions for good translations of Hindu scripture in general would be good. Like what are your favorite books that have translated versus and explained concepts. Things like that would be nice to know if the above request is too much.

См. статью: Translating Authors of Hindu scriptures?