Friday, July 26, 2013

Programming for beginners?

I am a senior in college in Molecular and Cellular Biology and I am planning on pursuing a Masters of Science in Computer Systems Technology with a Biomedical Informatics Concentration (my school has a program designed to transition biology majors into this concentration). I have a year before I would start the program, and although they offer crash courses when you first enter into the program, I want to try to get as much knowledge as I can before then about programming and related material. I do not have very much knowledge of programming but I do have a background in trigonometry, calculus, and statistics (including bio-statistics), so I was hoping I could get some beginner compiler program and book suggestions, directions, pretty much anything. All I see on my Kindle/ Amazon are books that are several years old, which may be okay, but I am not sure if they are outdated, as many of them say they use up to Windows Vista or something of that nature. I am currently running Windows 7. Thank you for your time!

См. статью: Programming for beginners?