Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sword of Truth: Do I NEED to read book two?

So I finally started reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind after watching the Legend of the Seeker TV series. I bought the first book (Wizard's First Rule) on my kindle, and instantly became hooked with the differences that existed between the book's plot and that of the TV series.

However, when going on to read book two (Stone of Tears) I found that it's 'currently unavailable' on kindle. After e-mailing Amazon several times about the issue, I doubt it will become available any time soon - but I really want to continue reading the series (at least, the first five books that are actually on kindle).

I've already bought and read the Omen Machine: I got it after reading the Wizard's First Rule, and I had next to no difficulty understanding it bar a few references to places and events, perhaps due to having seen the TV series and having read a lot of the wiki.So my question is this: do I really need to read Stone of Tears? Are there that many differences from the TV series? Or can I just go straight on to books three, four and five?

См. статью: Sword of Truth: Do I NEED to read book two?