Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Would you count reading on a Kindle as screen time?

My niece is 12, almost 13. Her birthday is in a few weeks and me, my wife and her grandparents are stuck for something to buy her. We thought about buying her a Kindle since she loves to read and we're sure she'd get really good use out of it.

We asked her parents, and they are fine with it. However, it got a bit of a debate going among us - would you count using a Kindle as 'screen time'.My niece's parents have always been pretty strict with her and her younger brothers regarding television time, playing computers games, internet etc.

Just wondering if you would count using a Kindle/ E-Reader as screen time?

**I'm talking about an ordinary Kindle, not a Kindle Fire.

См. статью: Would you count reading on a Kindle as screen time?