Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Router failing every 5 minutes?

We have a fairly new netgear, and it's failing a lot.
On it, we have connected:

iPod Touch 4th Generation
2 HP laptops
1 Kindle Fire
2 regular Kindles
1 blu-ray player (2 if I'm using the other one)
2 flat-screen TVS (one is connected almost 80% of my waking time
1 xbox (occasionally on)

It seems like the wifi is failing a lot, and I'm tired of having to sneak into my dad's office to restart it when he can't (which is almost all the time).

Is there a problem with the router or what? Because the last router did this, too. Then we got a new one, and it stopped for about 3 weeks. Then the wifi started failing once a week.and throughout about 5 months it started failing even more, and now it fails 3-4 times a day, especially if I'm skyping.
Do we need to get a new router or is this something that could be solved on our own without having to spend hundreds of dollars again?

См. статью: Router failing every 5 minutes?