Friday, March 15, 2013

My OCD, should I be concerned?

Hello, my name is Gretchen and I'm fifteen years old. Lately, I've been concerned about my OCD (if that makes sense.), because I feel like it's getting worse.

I found myself overwhelmed by my book shelf, which has eight sections. The next day, I redid my shelf and got rid of most of the items that were on it.In result, I stopped being overwhelmed because of it and I was left with two bags full of items to get rid of.

Then, recently, I took everything off my wall and either got rid of it or placed it to my satisfaction. I am planning to re do my desk next week or when I'm not busy to do so.

I reset my Kindle Fire twice a month, or else, I get paranoid if I don't. Resetting it, means resetting it to factory default (if that's what you call it), registering it with a new account and every other old account (Twitter, etc.) has to be gone and a new one made to replace it.

Not to get personal, but when I shower, it's like a whole, step by step process that has to be done right, exact and correct every single time, from as soon as I enter the bathroom to when I exit. I spend about 45 minutes in the bathroom total.It's not because I put make up on and want to look like a clown, (which I don't, I only use eye liner) it's because I want to feel clean thoroughly.

In the middle of each month, or sometimes more than once, I take everything off my bed (sheets, pillows, etc) even if it's already made, and re make it over again. I lift up my mattress, all the way up to it's side so that I can put on the sheet the way I want it, neatly.

When it comes to my desk, shelf, bed and such, nobody can fix it but me.

I don't know if this counts, but, I feel like I have to crack my knuckles, my back and then my neck daily. I know, it can be harmful in the future or possibly affect me in any way, but for me, it's a necessary daily.

Do understand, that I get that not everything is perfect. I don't try to be perfect (don't misunderstand), I just want it where I feel that it's neat or clean.

Anyway, I just want to know if I should really be concerned about this, and if I should discuss this with a close relative.

Thank you for your time.

См. статью: My OCD, should I be concerned?