Friday, February 1, 2013

Author also showing up in title section on Kindle?

This only seems to be happening with books I have on my Kindle in PDF format. For example, my Tess Gerritsen books show up as 'Body Double - Tess Gerritsen' in the title section, then Tess Gerritsen also appears where the author would normally go.

I've tried multiple times to format it correctly in Calibre but it just won't cooperate. I've edited the metadata myself, that didn't work, then I tried downloading the metadata and that still wouldn't work.It's seriously irritating and I was hoping someone would be able to help me.

I'd prefer to avoid converting the PDF files into mobi files because this messes up the formatting of certain books and makes them difficult to read. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Added (1). Does it matter why I care? The fact is it bothers me and you haven't helped at all.
And if it was to avoid duplicates, it would happen to more than those books and I doubt it would be limited to only PDFs. If you can't help me, don't waste my time by commenting.
>>> Author also showing up in title section on Kindle?