Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to get my foot into the door. Architecture?

I have been majoring in architecture for the last two semesters at my JR college i'm attending and I've been drafting/using auto cad since 08. I'm fairly familiar with the mechanics behind Architecture. What i'm trying to find out is what I need to do to get my foot into the door at a local firm in my town. Not as a drafter/designer but as an assistant and or coffee runner to get an idea and motivation to keep pushing towards my degree. I'm 23 and I work full time right now in sales and took this semester off to be able to afford rent. I just need to know what I need to do in order to get in with a local firm. I'm the only kid in my entire family attending college and I love architecture but I have nobody to ask these questions to!

Please excuse grammar and punctuation i'm using my kindle.
>>> How to get my foot into the door. Architecture?