Friday, January 25, 2013

Error message when side-loading apps on Kindle Fire?

I am trying not to root my Kindle Fire (not the first gen or HD, but the regular Fire) that my family bought me for Christmas cause I'd hate to ruin a brand new present. They bought it for me thinking it was Android capable. I'm not complaining about the mixup, but Amazon Apps are terrible, to say the least. Unless you like ponies and little kids games.

Anyway, I found out about side-loading. I tried to do Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes from my Android phone (Google Play) but every time I hit install on my Kindle, it says "application not installed". I have 3rd party apps enabled and the right.apk files.Am I just out of luck or am I missing something? Thanks :)
>>> Error message when side-loading apps on Kindle Fire?