Monday, December 17, 2012

I feel neglected by my family?

This situation has been going on for a while. Well first off, I have a little brother who is 9 and I'm 14.My brother is obviously my dad's favorite so he gets all my dads attention and my mom seems as if she can care less about me. I told my mom how I feel neglected and she just shrugged it off and said "mhmmm" and when I tell my dad that I feel neglected or that he obviously loves my brother more he just laughs and also shruggs it off. Not once does he ever deny it.My brother is a little brat who always whines and is always disrespectful. He also always rubs it in that he's the favorite. I am literally always in my room because I am constantly being sent in here. I literally only get called out my to clean a mess I didn't make or to get fussed at.My dad and brother are always going places and never ask me to go with them. If I do ask to go they always make up an excuse of why I cant come such as " Oh, we are just going to the store" or "We're just going someplace boring" Whenever I do tag along though I always feel ignored and not wanted.My mom spends all her time at home doing absolutely nothing. Whenever I say something about school to them they seem to not care or have something more important to deal with. For example, when my brother and I get out report cards, he gets all the praise and I simply get a pat on the head considering the fact that my GPA is always 3.5 or higher. And my brother's report card is crap compared to mine. Also whenever my brother asks for something he gets it in an instant but when I ask I get a lecture about how I should be more grateful. For example, for Christmas my brother asked for a Kindle Fire + more and when I wrote my Christmas list consisting of a curling iron, one pair of shoes, a phone case, and money I get told I am an ungrateful brat! Oh yea, Im really ungrateful, considering the fact that my 9year old brother has two laptops, a PSP, a ton of toys, 4 footballs, a scoioter and much more yet he still asks for more on a
Added (1). Daily basis. I guess my question is what do I do about this situation?
>>> I feel neglected by my family?