Monday, October 8, 2012

Am I in the wrong or is my partner being unreasonable?

My partner bought me a kindle Touch for my Birthday. Very nice too. However, when I asked him if he still had the receipt just in case something went wrong with it and also where did he buy it. He just lost the rag with me and said some reallt hurtful and abusive things to me. When he told me that he had bought it from Argos I mentioned that if he had got it from Tesco's he would have had quite a few points. He just went balistic saying that it was a birthday present and I had no right to ask such questions. I cannot understand his reaction to my questions. He has spoilt the joy of getting this present which I shall never now use because of his carrying on about it. Was I in to wrong to ask these questions. He has a really volatile temper at the best of times so perhaps I ought to have used a bit more discretion. What do you think?
I would appreciate good honest answers please.
Added (1). Surely asking questions is all part of a relationship. Perhaps it was insensitive of me mentioning Tesco's but for him to lose his temper over it was unecessary and way over the top.
>>> Am I in the wrong or is my partner being unreasonable?